Translate

Tuesday 8 October 2013

Thought for the day.

I've had a lot of feedback about the miserable lives of the drones. While I agree that a small number of them do pay the ultimate price for genetic diversity the comment that made me laugh was from the lovely Caz. 

She made the point that drones basically live at home with their mums eating more than their fair share while doing nothing to help out. It's perhaps unsurprising that their overworked sisters get annoyed and throw them out when the work gets really hard.

One thing I forgot to mention is that one of the ways you can identify a drone from his sisters is that they have much bigger eyes. This is so they can spot willing queens when they're out on the pull. They also have much wider rears. Perhaps this is because of all the sitting around eating.


As an aside when I googled Drones I got hundreds of images of american un manned aircraft. It took some foraging to find a picture of a bee. Perhaps this goes some way toward an understanding of the worrying decrease in bee populations. Ignorance and the practicing of ignoring.....

No comments:

Post a Comment