Translate

Friday 18 October 2013

Our First Full Month

Goodness That Went Quickly.

I find that as one gets older life seems to move past me ever more quickly. It's been an incredibly action packed month. The bees arrived. Our older son was 19, he went to university (which incidentally he loves) I was 45 I had my first birthday since they arrived where one of my children wasn't at home. The chickens finally joined us. We got a kitten. I had my first market stall. Our younger son had his first job interview. The list is endless. Everything with the bees and the chickens is a first. I'm learning something new every single day of my life and it feels wonderful. Even the disasters are worthwhile because you learn something which makes the future more certain.

Today it's raining again. I'll probably stop commenting about the rain soon but, being British-albeit with a liberal sprinkling of Dutch DNA-its very difficult not to make reference. It's never the same long enough to ignore. I've heard that in Hawaiian there is no word for weather because it's always the same. Hot and damp. Mind you i'd heard there was no word for snow in Inuit, then I heard there were 30 words for snow and the truth is somewhere in between. In England we have endless adjectives for weather. It saves uncomfortable conversations about things like emotions!

The hens are attempting to enjoy the damp garden and the bees have recycled nearly all the honey comb we had to remove from the crown board. The kitten is currently gnawing at my elbow while playing with a small fluffy mouse toy and Sid (one of the older cats) is looking on with an expression vacillating between ennui and a clear desire to pounce on the little blighter.

All is well with the world. Let us see what the next moth brings!

Lots of Love
Katherine


No comments:

Post a Comment