Translate

Sunday 4 May 2014

Hen Washing-An Update

A little bit better.

Now we cannot claim she's exactly 100% but after her wash it took around an hour and a half for her fluffy little bottom to dry out. If I'm honest i'd say she needs another good wash in the near future but I might give her a day off for good behaviour. She was bustling about with the rest of them and there wasn't anything yucky hanging from the rear at the end of the day.

Tomorrow morning I'll check her out and let you know how it goes. There is another slight concern. She has a few feathers missing from the side of her neck. I noticed her pecking at them earlier so I don't know if she's been bullied or whether shes become irritable and done it herself but I'll keep an eye on it.

Meanwhile Henrietta's comb is looking very pale so i'll do a bit of research and get back to you on that one too. I don't like the girls to be out of sorts.

Please note No chickens were harmed during today's bathing protocols and gloves were worn at all times......

Enjoy your baths and showers in the knowlege that our little feathered girls are doing well.

Cleanly yours
Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment