Translate

Sunday 29 September 2013

Sunday Amblings.

It is Sunday. Now normally on a Sunday I like to avoid retail outlets of any kind but we needed sugar urgently. I've used everything in the store cupboard and the bees need their tea. Also yesterday we went to the local farmers market and among our marvelous if pricey haul we bought a couple of kilos of Damsons. If you are not familiar with damsons they are like rather small tart but sweet plums and have very dark purple skins.

My father's step mother wasn't good at step parenting but she was an excellent cook and one of the few positive memories I have of her was her rather fabulous Damson Cheese. I believe this refers to the fact that the spoon stands up in the jar as opposed to a jam or conserve where the spoon falls over. So I went to the supermarket to buy sugar (Only because our local shop had sold out I might add "Totally Locally" is important to us) The supermarket had an offer on 2k bags of sugar. a woman weighing about 3 stone looked on in obvious complete horror as I put 12 kilos of sugar in my trolley. Her chin was in danger of tripping her stiletto heels. I was about to tell her I was trying to put on 14 stone when a nice chap said "ooh, you making jam too?" and put around the same number of bags in his own trolley.

I can't help thinking that A. people should mind their own business-she'd have been far less likely to upset her blood pressure if she'd stuck to her lettuce and Jack Daniels basket. and B.Folk thought twice before they decided it was OK to judge someone else.

Lots of love
Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment